Sunday, March 1, 2009

UPDATES JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2009


January-February 2009:
Though there are some recording and broadcast projects brewing, this has been the first block of time in over a decade when I have been able to explore what will become the next Synergy recordings. I'm not foolish enough to go out on a limb and predict an end date for a release, but some new things are finally happening. I've amassed a lot of new thematic material, and some old, old pieces that I'd like to explore (old, like around 200 years old...). I find that I'm beginning to lean rather heavily on software synthesis instead of the parade of hardware that I've been using for over 35 years. This might be the tipping point for me. I'm also beginning to review the concert video shot (in HD) at last summer's NEARfest. If that looks as good as the few bits I've checked so far, I'm planning on moving ahead with a concert DVD from that show.

3 comments:

  1. Great news! Any dates or specifics on this?
    I would be a treat to listen to new Synergy material; your record were amongst the first that drew me into electronic music back in the early 80:s. I still revisit them once in a while with much pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the new album will make so much use of software synthesizers, than maybe it can be called "Computer Experiments, Volume Two". :-)

    I think you're one of the most interesting electronic musicians, so I'm really looking forward to this new album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hear new music. I still rotate through the classic Synergy albums. Games is tbe cuurent favorite.

    ReplyDelete